Rules of Play
1. NPO: The 50/50 Raffle (the “Raffle”) shall be conducted by the Edmonton Eskimo Football Club trading as Edmonton Elks Football Club (the “NPO”) pursuant to a Raffle license (the “AGLC Raffle License”) from the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission (“AGLC”) and in accordance with the Criminal Code of Canada, Alberta Gaming and Liquor Act and Regulations, AGLC Policy, AGLC Raffle Terms and Conditions, and the terms of the 50/50 Raffle Services Agreement between the NPO and Win 50 Ltd. (the “Service Provider”).
2. Date and Location of Draw: The draw will take place by random number generation (“RNG”) online during each Edmonton Elks Football Club home or away game or event day during the 2022 Season listed in the AGLC Raffle License (the “50/50 Raffle Event(s)”), provided the Edmonton Elks Football Club home or away game or event takes place. All draws will take place at the NPO’s Offices (11000 Stadium Road, Edmonton).
3. Rules: These are the official 50/50 Raffle Rules and are available upon request.
4. Eligibility: The Raffle is open to all persons who are located in the Province of Alberta when purchasing tickets online. Ticket purchasers must be 18 years of age or older. Employees of the Service Provider, the NPO including its Board of Directors and Officers, employees and contractors employed by the NPO and members of their immediate family (defined as mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband or wife) are NOT eligible to participate (defined as purchase tickets or receive prizes) in the 50/50 Raffle, including the draw for the Early Bird Prizes. In addition, volunteers who are helping sell Tickets in Venue during that 50/50 Raffle Event will NOT be eligible to participate in the 50/50 Raffle for that 50/50 Raffle Event. Each ticket sold shall be eligible to participate in each draw conducted under the authority of the AGLC Raffle License.
5. Minor Children: Adult ticket purchasers are not to give their ticket to a person under the age of 18 years as required by the Public Trustees Act.
6. No Transfer of Tickets: Ticket Purchasers may not transfer their tickets to anyone else prior to claiming the prize.
7. Tickets: Ticket pricing for the 2022 year shall be:
Regular Ticket: $10.00 for 1 Raffle Number
Discount 1 Ticket: $20.00 for 60 Raffle Numbers
Discount 2 Ticket: $50.00 for 200 Raffle Numbers
There are 65,100,000 raffle numbers available on the AGLC Raffle License.
8. No Refunds. All ticket sales are final. There will be no refunds issued to anyone for any reason. All tickets purchased and for which the raffle numbers on those respective tickets are entered into the draw cannot be refunded, including if a ticket purchaser made an error in selecting the amount of tickets they desire to purchase.
9. How to Purchase Online: Visit www.goelks.com/50-50 during the 50/50 Raffle Event and follow the directions to purchase and print the tickets for the Raffle:
(a) The initial landing page www.goelks.com/50-50 is where the rules and cause of the 50/50 are explained. The button that says “click here to purchase” will take ticket purchasers to the purchase portal section of the page.
(b) In the purchase portal section, ticket purchasers:
(i) Confirm location and eligibility to purchase; agree to the raffle terms and conditions
(ii) Select product(s) for purchase
(iii) Enter contact & billing information (Customer has the option to use express checkout)
(iv) Enter credit card information & confirm purchase
(c) If the transaction is approved, the ticket purchaser will receive a confirmation message with order ID on the web page. An email confirmation will be sent to the customer with order ID, product description and payment information. A secondary email (shipping confirmation) will be sent to the purchaser including all of the information in the confirmation e-mail along with the raffle ticket(s) containing their raffle number(s). It can take several hours for the ticket purchaser to receive their e-mail shipping confirmation. Ticket purchasers are required to enter their e-mail address correctly with no errors when purchasing to ensure they receive their ticket(s) and should check their spam and junk mail folders if they have not received their ticket(s) by 9 AM MST the day after the 50/50 Raffle Event.
(d) If the ticket purchaser has not received their ticket(s) by 9 AM MST the day following the 50/50 Raffle Event, they can e-mail Resend5050@goelks.com before Noon MST the day following the 50/50 Raffle Event to request that their ticket(s) be resent. They must e- mail from the same e-mail they purchased ticket(s) with. Ticket(s) will be resent between Noon and 3 PM MST the day following the 50/50 Raffle Event. Any emails sent to Resend5050@goelks.com after Noon MST the day following the 50/50 Raffle Event to request that their ticket(s) be resent will not be processed.
How to Purchase In Venue: Tickets may also be purchased at Commonwealth Stadium (the “Venue”) in person during Edmonton Elks Football Club home games on 50/50 Raffle Events from 50/50 Sellers at the Venue. All sales will stop in Venue at the end of the Edmonton Elks Football Club home game for each 50/50 Raffle Event where there is an Edmonton Elks Football Club home game or at 10:00 PM MST, whichever is earlier.
All methods of purchase may not be available at all times. If the System experiences any technical difficulties during an event or in the event virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle (or any portion thereof), the NPO reserves the right in its sole discretion to: (i) cancel the Raffle; or (ii) suspend the Raffle until the problem can be remedied, whereupon it will resume. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in the event of a cancellation or suspension, the NPO reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to elect to identify a winner and award the prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation or suspension.
10. The Draw: Tickets will be available for purchase starting at 9:00 AM MST on the first day of the 50/50 Raffle Event. Sales will close at 10:00 PM MST on the last day of the 50/50 Raffle Event. After Sales have been closed, the draw shall take place and be announced no later than 11:59 PM on the last day of the 50/50 Raffle Event. During Multi-Day Draws, the raffle will run over more than one Elks game day and the jackpot will accumulate until the final day of the raffle. Tickets will be available for purchase starting at 9:00 AM MT at the start of the raffle and end at 10:00 PM MT on the last day of the 50/50 raffle event. The draw shall take place at the NPO’s Offices (11000 Stadium Road, Edmonton) or the Service Provider’s Offices (300 10214-104 Avenue, Edmonton). The winning raffle number will be selected via RNG.
11. Winner Notification: The winning raffle number will be posted on the NPO website at www.goelks.com/50-50 shortly after the draw. In the case of a discrepancy between the posted raffle number and the actual raffle number selected through RNG, the actual raffle number selected through RNG will be considered to be the valid winning raffle number.
The holder of the ticket containing the winning raffle number will have until 3:00 PM MST 4 business days from the time of the announcement of the winning raffle number to present the ticket containing the winning raffle number to the NPO. If the winner has not come forward within 2 business days from the time of the announcement of the winning raffle number, the NPO will use the email and/or phone number if provided by the ticket purchaser to try to contact them.
Ticket purchasers may not transfer their tickets to anyone else prior to claiming the prize. The holder of the ticket containing the winning raffle number may claim their prize by contacting the 50/50 office at email@example.com and forwarding their purchase e-mail and a copy of their government issued photo identification and address or present their purchased ticket to the NPO. The name on the government issued photo identification must match the name that was used to purchase the ticket. Each prize claimant must provide the NPO with all information required by provincial gaming regulations to claim a prize. The prize claimant will be required to sign a Declaration and Release ("Release") which must be executed and returned to the NPO no later than 5 business days after his/her receipt of the Release. The winner’s name will be publicized on the list of prize winners located at www.goelks.com/50-50 as well as on the NPO social media channels. All prizes will be awarded to the winners via cheque within 30 days of the winner delivering the ticket containing the winning raffle number, the executed Release, and all other required documents to the NPO. All Prizes not claimed on or before the Prize Claim Expiry Date (3:00 PM MST, 4 business days from the time of the announcement of the winning raffle number), will be added to one or more jackpots at the discretion of the NPO, with AGLC approval. This means that any unclaimed prize and plus 50% of ticket sales at the event carry to the designated 50/50 raffle. If the winner of an Early Bird Prize does not contact the NPO by the Prize Claim Expiry Date, the Early Bird Prize will be forfeited.
12. The Prize: In each Raffle the Prize will be 50% of the gross revenue received from ticket sales per event. Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except at the NPO’s sole discretion. The Prize shall be paid by cheque from the NPO. The designated winning raffle number contained in the ticket purchaser’s 50/50 ticket is validation for claiming the Prize. Unauthorized persons copying, selling or altering tickets are subject to prosecution. A 50/50 Raffle ticket will be void and a Prize not paid/redeemed if there is proof that the ticket was stolen, not issued, ineligible, altered, counterfeit, defective, printed in duplicate, or printed/produced in error. The Service Provider and the NPO are not responsible for lost or stolen tickets or tickets redeemed in error by their agents. All tickets, transactions and winners associated with the 50/50 Raffle are subject to the rules, regulations and procedures put in place by the NPO and the lawful charges thereof.
13. Early Bird Draws: Select Raffles will also have Early Bird Draws as outlined on the NPO’s website www.goelks.com/50-50. For Raffles that also have Early Bird Draws, all tickets purchased for the Raffle prior to an Early Bird Draw Closing Time will be eligible to win that Early Bird Prize on the day of that Raffle and will automatically be entered into the draw for that Early Bird Prize.
The winning raffle number for the Early Bird Prizes will still be entered into the draw for the Early Bird Prize draws they are eligible for that 50/50 Raffle Event. All winning raffle numbers for Early Bird Prizes will still be entered into the draw for the Prize for the Raffle that the ticket was purchased for.
All tickets purchased for the Raffle prior to an Early Bird “Draw Closing Time” will be eligible to win that Early Bird Prize on the day of that Raffle and will automatically be entered into the draw for future Early Bird Prizes for this 50/50 Raffle Event.
The draw for each Early Bird Prize shall take place and be announced no later than 1 hour after the Draw Closing Time for that Early Bird Prize on the 50/50 Raffle Event. The draw for each Early Bird Prize shall take place at the NPO’s Offices (11000 Stadium Road, Edmonton) or the Service Provider’s Offices (300 10214-104 Avenue, Edmonton). The winning raffle number for the Early Bird Prizes will be selected via RNG.
Winner notification for the winning raffle number of the Early Bird Prizes will be posted on the NPO website at www.goelks.com/50-50 shortly after the draw for that Early Bird Prize and will follow the Winner Notification process under Paragraph 11 of these 50/50 Raffle Rules.
Early Bird Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except at the NPO’s sole discretion.
14. Cancellation: The NPO may rescind, cancel, amend or revoke the Raffle, subject to the prior approval of AGLC. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the NPO reserves the right to cancel or modify the Raffle and/or these Official Rules, in whole or in part and without notice, if the NPO determines that fraud or technical or other failures have threatened or destroyed the integrity of the Raffle.
15. Contact Information: Complaints, comments or concerns should be addressed to the NPO c/o Edmonton Elks Football Club 50/50 Coordinator, 11000 Stadium Road, Edmonton, Alberta T5H 4E2 or (780) 448-1525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.